The client had an outmoded process of managing service requests
- Service personnel had to report to office every morning to pick up their daily worksheets and return in the evening to file their reports
- The reports after work completion had to be prepared manually and countersigned by the customer
- Customer availability at the time of service visit was not guaranteed
- There was no auto continuity of service request information in the case of work reassignments.
CHALLENGE THE STATUS QUO
We work with organizations of all sizes in using advanced technologies to help sell goods and services, as well as communicate with employees, customers, partners, and constituents. We use our best-in-class competency in UX to give these organizations a competitive advantage. Our services range from building user-centric UX in Mobile/Web apps to integrating UX into IT projects and software products.
HOW EASY IS EASE OF OPERATIONS
- Our solution featured an Android app – integrated the client’s SAP backbone and installed in the phones of all service engineers.
- A bar code scanner as an integral component of the app, to scan the Dell spare parts and record this vital part of the service information with great ease.
- Calendar and report features to view daily work schedule and post work completion reports – making the most out of mobility; and eliminating redundant travel to office.
- Geo tagging and integration with google maps – to locate customer premises, as well as track the on-time attendance of the service engineers.
- A simple yet cool feature of capturing the customer signature through the mobile, recording request completion.
At the heart of the solution was our ‘big picture thinking’ and advising the customer on a overhaul of the process. The technical complexity was solved by a group of 3Hakunamatata experts, who mastered
- Native android application (SQLlite, Google Maps)
- Zxing library for bar code scanning, and
- Signature Capture – to deliver an outstanding solution.